Friday, August 19, 2011

Macro Test

It had been raining for days, but I was determined to jump in Folly Cove and play with my macro setup on my last day of vacation. What's usually a stream running into the cove, was more like a river turning the water a brown rusty color. The visibility was awful and it proved exceedingly difficult to carry my camera equipment, lights, and dive flag all by myself. I was able to fire off a couple of good shots in any case. I'm still getting used to setting correct exposures underwater, as a result some of these came out a little hot, but they look cool nonetheless.



 A flounder face. This guy just sat and stared at me for quite a while, I think we were both wondering why the other looked so goofy. 











Orange tunicate looks amazingly complex close up. You see this bright, invasive tunicate in small bunches in shallow water. It looks out of place because you don't see much in the way of bright orange around here.













 The leg of a sea star. On the left (ventral) side of the leg, you can see the suction cups clearly. This one was resting on a sponge. Below are the incurrent and excurrent siphons of a tunicate. To give a sense of scale, there is approximately an inch between the two siphons. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment